Saturday, December 08, 2007

Back with FOs!

Well, this week didn't go as planned. It turned into a bad week at work. For some reason, there was just a lot of negative energy around, and that combined with the hormones that were eating my brain to make for one unhappy week. I work with 20 women, and every so often we go through a spell when there is just too much estrogen in the building, and this past week was one of those times. Anyway, it was the kind of week that makes me glad I have my crafting to turn to for stress relief.

I know that I am supposed to be making mittens and working on my log cabin afghan, and I am still working on both those projects. However, I also got possessed this week to finish up some scarves I have been working on for ages. So I have not one, not two, but three scarf FOs to show you all!
I made the scarf to the right with Nashua Handknits Ivy, an alpaca blend, and the Yarn Harlot's One Row Scarf. I crocheted the scarf on the left. I used Ritratto and alternating blo and flo hdcs. And finally, the scarf on the seat of the chair is made from Plymouth Suri Merino, a merino/alpaca blend. I used a triangular scarf pattern from an old Leisure Arts booklet. Even finishing these 3 scarves, I still have 6 scarf WIPs, so I am going to try and continue to finish some of them as I work on my other projects.

This will be the last week for the Soaring Eagles project, and I am going to try to make one more pair of mittens before I send everything off. I have just started round 6 of the log cabin 'ghan, and I am anxious to finish that quickly as well. Once I finish that, I am only 5 1/2 rows away from finishing my ripple, so I am hoping that might be done by Christmas as well. And then, over the holidays, I am contemplating making something from Doris Chan's new book. I think this might become a new Christmas tradition for me - working up a Doris Chan pattern over the holiday week. It worked so well last year that I think it's worth another try!

1 comment:

Milly said...

Oh I feel for you at work, I just left a job with a similar situation. The scarves are beautiful!