Friday, December 14, 2007

Snow Day Crochet

We had quite a bit of snow here in CT yesterday, thanks to Winter Storm Alexander. (Yes, we name our winter storms here in Connecticut.) I went in to work in the morning, and we were busy for a while. But we closed the library at 12:30, so I had at least half a snow day at home. We didn't go out to clean the driveway until about 8:00 last night, so I had lots of crochet time in the afternoon. I decided to focus on the log cabin afghan, and I am happy to report that I am three quarters of the way through round 7. That leaves one more round, plus 2 rows of sc around the entire afghan, and it will be done. There is an end in sight! Then, last night, as a reward, I finished the crocheting on my ripple afghan. All that's left is to weave in the ends, and it will be done. I'll post a picture once it's ready for its photo shoot.

Speaking of focus, I settled on a name for my 2008 plan of action that I posted about on Wednesday (in what I am pretty sure was the world's most boring blog post). I'm going to call it my "focus project of the month". I am going to try to set weekly goals and post about the project each week to help keep me on track. If I can get the focus project finished more quickly, then I might have 2 in one month. We'll have to see how it goes. I think the focus project for January is going to be the Lucy Bag. I'm getting ready to have that one finished.

I have a busy weekend coming up. Tomorrow, we are going to help my inlaws get their tree set up, although I don't think we are staying to help decorate. And then on Sunday, I intend to spend the day decorating my own house, as well as catching up on housework and laundry. I'm really getting ready to have the house look more Christmas-y. So, as always, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Criquette said...

I love your idea for the focus project. If I get myself organized enough, I'm going to join you with this. Hopefully, I will stay on task and get some of my bigger projects finished! I'll let you know when I post about it (after the holidays).