Thursday, April 24, 2008

Don't Crochet Cocky

At least, I think that is what the Eva shawl is trying to tell me every time I pick it up and work on it. It's a simple pattern, but every time I think I know what I am doing with it, I get to an eyelet row and find out that I screwed something up somewhere in the previous 2 rows. So I get to frog and try again. It's growing incredibly slowly, and I now have to frog the 2 rows I crocheted yesterday. Urg! I'm getting more and more tempted to focus on the moebius and finish it up before I tackle Eva again. I'll have to see how the upcoming weekend goes.

2 comments:

Deneen said...

I have that bookmarked and just keep putting it off because I have to have the right "vibes" going on with it to get started.

Unfortunately, I have about 10 patterns like that and I have the yarn, but not the right mojo going for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am now on my third Eva's shawl, and I have been of f with my stitch count several times when I get to the eyelet row. Instead of frogging, I just fudge it - e.g. If there is an extra stitch I skip it. You can't tell in the finished shawl at all!