Monday, April 07, 2008

Finishing Weekend

I'm back and rested after a relaxing weekend. As it turned out, Saturday was a finishing day, which felt really good. I have had some mending to do for the dh for, oh, months now, and finally on Saturday I sat down and did it. After spending an hour with needle and thread, sewing on 2 buttons and mending 2 sweaters, I was very happy to get back to working with yarn. I guess I will never develop a love of sewing!

I also sat down and finished 2 charity projects from March - a pair of mittens that just needed seams sewn up, and a hat that needed the top decreases done. I was motivated to finish both projects because both are made with Caron Simply Soft and I wanted the rest of both skeins for another project I've gotten myself into. Last week, I mentioned that my April goals involved sewing all the afghan squares sitting around here into blankets. Well, that was before the current contest started up over at Homespun Helpers. We have organized ourselves into teams, each working on a different charity project. I couldn't resist signing up for the Caron Simply Soft squares team. So instead of sewing up blankets, I will now be making even more squares this month. At least it allows me to procrastinate on all those blankets for a while longer!

No comments: