Saturday, February 16, 2008

Here's to a Quiet Weekend!

This has turned into an incredibly stressful month at work. Mostly it has been stressful in ways I can't talk about, which is why I haven't brought it up until now. Then, on Thursday, one of my part timers resigned, which really took me by surprise. She is my weekend supervisor, and she is beloved by everyone on staff. She has been at the library approximately 23 years, and the place just won't be the same without her. But she feels she would like more time to enjoy life and take care of her husband, so I understand why she is leaving. But I'm not looking forward to replacing her and training her replacement.

So, the bottom line this weekend is that I am tired and drained, despite having just worked a really short week. Thank goodness it is 3 day weekend, although I will pay for it dearly on Tuesday morning when I have to go in and face the full bookdrop! I have decided to try and keep things simple this weekend by working on easy projects and not trying to either start or finish too much. I have managed to make a mistake on the slippers I started on Wednesday. I am working on the decreases on the foot, and somehow I have 2 more stitches on one side than the other. Obviously I missed a couple of decreases. So frogging back to find the mistakes should keep me busy for a while. I would also like to make a going away gift for my part timer. She is a member of the Red Hat Society, so I am mulling over ideas for a scarf done in red and purple. I will have to commune with the stash and see what I can come up with. Luckily, we don't have any plans for this weekend, so I should have time for the R & R I need right now.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: