Monday, April 02, 2007

It's All About Crochet These Days!

Yes, my knitting is being woefully neglected these days while I immerse myself in crochet. This weekend was no exception.

First up, the highlight of my work day on Saturday was the installation of a crochet exhibit in the library's display case. I have to give a big thanks to Dee and Grace for all their hard work on the display. Grace made the large piece of filet crochet at the back of the second shelf, from a pattern designed by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The display really looks great, and I can't wait to see what my patrons have to say about it. However, for a description of the display, I'm going to refer you over to Dee's blog, because I have more to show you this morning.

Yesterday turned into a finishing day, which felt very good but did have one drawback. I finished up my second Shoop Shoop capelet, but when I laid it out to block it, I discovered that I had made a major boo-boo. If you notice, the left side is flatter than the right side towards the front, and there are only 4 points when there should be 5. Yes, I missed an increase and then perpetuated the mistake for 5 rows. And no, I am not frogging it. I will live with the mistake. I actually wore the capelet all afternoon yesterday and it is very comfortable and warm. I have enough yarn that I may try again some day, but not right now. I've kind of had it with this pattern for awhile.

Then I decided that it was time to finish up this baby blanket as well. I started this last fall, I think, and I got it to the point where it just needed the 2 last rows of edging and the final ends tied in. It has sat at that point for weeks and weeks, and I finally just got sick of looking at it. It is actually more purple that it looks in the picture. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it, but it came out exactly 24" X 36", so it might go to Project Linus. Other specs: Lion Brand Pound of Love and a K hook, and I used the sedge stitch for the main part of the blanket and an edging from Jean Leinhauser's 50 Crocheted Afghan Borders that I modified to include a shell stitch for the final row. No boo-boos on this one. It really did come out perfect.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

It's easy to miss those points unless you think about them. I did that and frogged back two rows-which was easy because it wasn't finished yet. I'm sure on it wasn't noticeable.

Neat on the library display.