Monday, April 30, 2007

Double Crochet Cluster Stitch

I don't have much to show for myself this morning. I spent much of yesterday trying out various new-to-me stitch patterns, trying to start a preemie blanket that I can crochet up fairly quickly. Something with no color changes, that will have minimal ends to tie in at the end, that sort of thing. Well, nothing worked quite right for a preemie blanket, so I might have to fall back on some tried and true stitch patterns. I also looked through the 200 Ripple Stitch Pattern book before I went to bed (and then dreamed about grannies and ripples all night), and there are a couple of possibilities in there. So I will keep trying to get something started.

In the meantime, however, I decided that the double crochet cluster stitch did have possibilities for a baby blanket, even if it is too open for a preemie blanket. (Hospitals like preemie blankets to be worked in fairly dense stitch patterns, because lacy patterns can get tangled up with the hospital equipment.) I had a feeling that a row of regular dc and then a row of clusters would look really nice. I didn't get much done on it, but I am pleased with the result.

The yarn is from Joann's Sensations line and is called Rainbow Classic. It is 100% acrylic, but it looks and feels like brushed mohair. The label suggested a P hook, and I thought that sounded like a great idea! So not only is this soft, soft, soft, it should grow fast, fast, fast!

I did also have a thought about that preemie blanket I was trying to design, so I want to get back to that and rework one section. I just don't want you to think I have forgotten about it!

I realized this morning that I have a staff meeting tomorrow morning, so I won't be back to post until Wednesday. Wish me luck with those preemie blankets! Hopefully I will have some progress to share by then. And if any of you have made preemie blankets and have a favorite stitch or pattern, please feel free to share. I would love some new ideas!

1 comment:

Deneen said...

Good luck with the preemie blankets!

I saw that JA yarn and it reminds me a lot of Jiffy yarn