Monday, April 09, 2007

Lots of Crocheting Going On...

...but no pictures. I don't seem to have time or inspiration this morning to take pictures. I have been working on several different projects over the long weekend, but I didn't manage to finish anything, and there were one or two "issues" along the way.

Let's see, on Thursday I played around with some of the design ideas from the Create Along. I made a hat and started a scarf with Simply Soft Shadows. The scarf gave me a good travel project for the weekend. However, I worked on it yesterday while talking with the parents, and I missed a stitch, which I didn't realize for rows and rows. So now I have to frog and redo. Probably why I'm not up for taking a picture of it this morning.

On Friday, I had the bright idea to make a granny square for a preemie blanket I am working on. It requires 4 squares, and I had 2 done, so I thought I would make a 3rd quickly and then work on something else. Well, I grabbed the wrong hook, made the square (all 10 rows of it) and didn't realize what I had done until it was finished. So I frogged that one and then had a pile of yarn sitting on the arm of my chair. By the time I had remade the square correctly, the day was almost over, so I just kept going and made the 4th square too. But now the squares need joined and the blanket needs edged, so I will wait on a picture until it is finished.

I also worked quite a bit on a round ripple baby afghan that I had started last Wednesday. It is very pretty, but it really confused my mother, who informed me that "babies aren't round". I'm thinking, well they aren't exactly rectangular, either. {LOL} My MIL and I finally convinced her that once the afghan was big enough, someone would be able to wrap a baby up in it, but it was a tough sell!

I hope everyone had a good holiday. I worked very hard to stay on Weight Watchers the past 2 days, but I know I ate more than usual. However, I am very happy because as of last Friday, I have officially lost 15 lbs. Not bad considering I have only been on the program less than 3 months. I now have 4 days to get ready for my next weigh in. Hopefully I won't get bad news from this past weekend.

No comments: