Saturday, April 28, 2007

Another Finishing Day!

I had a very good day off yesterday, and I can't believe how much I accomplished! I love having one Friday off a month. As far as I am concerned, it is a day to myself, to do things I want to do. And I made the most of yesterday, that's for sure!

First off, I went to Weight Watchers and got good news again. I seem to have a pattern of losing a little bit for 2-3 weeks and then having a really good weight loss the next week. Well, yesterday was my day for a good weight loss, and sure enough, I lost 2.6 lbs last week. My official total is now 18.8 lbs. Reaching 20 lbs is my first big goal, so I am going to try to be very focused this week and lose the last 1.2 lbs. My body might not cooperate, but I am willing to try.

I ran some errands in the morning, including finally getting my purple baby blanket turned in to my local Project Linus coordinator. It feels good to have that finally donated. Then I came home and settled in to some crafting. That's when yesterday turned into a finishing day.

First up, I finished up 2 more squares for WUA, bringing my total to 5. I also finished up a second square for VA Tech, although I still need to weave in the ends.
Then I decided that I would finish my green and orange hat & scarf set so that I could use the rest of the orange for another WUA square.

I am really pleased with the way the scarf turned out. I decided to use extended stitches, so the orange rows are esc and the green rows are edc. The scarf is soft and drapey. I am not so pleased with the fringe, but at this point it will keep a child's neck warm, so this set is in the done pile. (To recap, the orange is Red Heart Soft and the green is Plymouth Encore, and I used a K hook for the scarf. The hat pattern is found here.)

Not bad for one day. I am adding to the monthly total over at Crafting for a Cause, and I am adding to my own total as well. However, I realized that I am still about a month behind in reaching my total of 100 items for charity this year. The afghan squares help a lot, but still I need to get busy! And I promise, next week I will get back to the preemie afghans.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

It amazes me how much crocheting/knitting you've been doing. I usually do my charity blankets starting September and then take them all up to the NICU in December(yes, I know, right around the time for the holidays when things are most hectic), but then I don't do anything until the following September-maybe I should spread my wings a bit, no?

Congrats on the weight loss!