Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Warm Up America Squares

So, as promised yesterday, today I will show you what little crafting did get done this past weekend. Please remember that I didn't have a lot of time for knitting and crocheting. I spent most of Saturday on the computer and most of Sunday out in the yard. However, with what time I did have, I worked on these little beauties:

Yes, I finally worked through my gauge issues and successfully made some perfectly sized 7" X 9" squares for Warm Up America! Looking back, I think that I had tried to make some squares for WUA when I first got interested in crafting for charity a few years back. Then, I really struggled to get the size right. Now, with quite a bit more experience under my belt, getting the size right really wasn't hard at all. These 3 were crocheted, the peach with Simply Soft and the red and blue with Wool Ease.

There was some knitting as well, although as you can see, it is going much more slowly:
I'm using Plymouth Encore for this square, left over from one of my Red Scarves, and the seed stitch. I promise I will get back to my preemie blankets and other projects soon, but these squares were perfect for a busy weekend.

I want to put in another plug for Crafting For a Cause. I really am very excited to be part of this group, and they have already motivated me to get busy. In addition to finally making the WUA squares, I have also been in touch with my local Project Linus coordinator. I will be delivering the purple baby blanket to her this Friday, and I now know that there is a need in my area for blankets for 7-12 year olds. In looking around the internet, I am guessing that 40" x 60" would be a good size for that age group. So, over time, I will try to work on a few more blankets for them. Goodness knows I have the yarn in my stash to do it!

No comments: