Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Bad, Or I Guess I Have Enough Stash!

Yesterday, with visions of blankets playing in my head, I decided to dig around in my stash to see what colors I could put together. I found some larger skeins of yarn that I can use for single color blankets, and lots of smaller skeins. I pulled out some partial skeins for WUA squares. However, much to my chagrin, I also discovered that I already have multiple skeins of just about every color of Simply Soft that I had just ordered from Joanns.com, including the mango that I have been anxiously awaiting. Oops! That will teach me to place orders online without looking first! I did manage to order 2 colors of SS Brites that I didn't already have - lime green and watermelon - as well as 2 skeins of the new Lion Brand CottonEase in taupe. I am contemplating using the CE for another Shoop Shoop capelet, done correctly this time.

So, since it turned out that I did have the yarn I needed to make squares in memory of Virginia Tech, I got busy.
I found some really nice patterns here. This one is called Racing Stripes. I followed the pattern and used an I hook, but I will go down to an H with the next one. This square came out 12", but I had to skip a row or else it would have been too big. But talk about a quick project! I started the square about 11:00 yesterday morning, I worked my normal 7 hours, and then I finished the square last night while I caught up on 2 episodes of Lost.

I am also happy to report that I have just had a terrific week at work. The library has been relatively quiet this week, so I have been able to catch up on all the work that has been languishing for the last 2 months. The fact that I have 4 or 5 new volunteers who are now trained and working regular hours has helped tremendously, too. I have tomorrow off for Saturday, and for once I don't think I am going to be exhausted on my day off. So I have high hopes that I can accomplish something impressive this weekend!

1 comment:

Deneen said...

I hate when I do that with ordering what I already have!

I was just thinking last night about another Shoop-Shoop in a beige color. I have some brights in CE, but also have some more TLC Cotton Plus, enough for the Shoop-Shoop. I have too many ideas floating around-