Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pictures Today!

Today I have some pictures to go with Monday's post. I finished up the hat and scarf set last night:

Specs: Simply Soft Shadows in Pearl Frost colorway, H hook for the hat and K hook for the scarf. The scarf is 7.5" X 45". The set should fit an older child or teen. I used a new (to me) stitch for the scarf, something called an alternate double crochet. It's a little softer yet more textured than a regular dc, and I thought it worked quite well for a scarf. I added a couple of rows of open work at either end of the scarf and at the bottom of the hat, but those don't show up well in the picture.

And here is the round ripple I have been working on:

It doesn't want to lay completely flat, even when spread out on the table, and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I will take it to my guild meeting on Sunday and consult with my fellow crocheters before I make a decision, though. Pattern is available here. I'm using Red Heart Soft and an H hook.

I also made progress on the preemie blanket last night. The squares are sewn together, and I will try to finish the edging today and post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: