Monday, April 16, 2007

How Long Have I Been Crocheting?

That was the question I asked my husband Saturday night. He didn't have an answer (well, it was sort of a rhetorical question), but I can tell you that it is most of my life. And yet I managed to screw up not 1, but 2 projects that I worked on Saturday.

While I was online Saturday morning, I learned that the new Crochet Me issue was up and available. It turned out that Deneen had a pattern published in this issue, a really cute hat, and I decided to try out her pattern and make another hat/scarf set for the Salvation Army. I doubted that I had 2 shades of green to use, but I found a pair of stretchy gloves in orange and decided that a green/orange combo was the way to go. The green is Plymouth Encore and the orange is Red Heart Soft. However, in my infinite wisdom (said with heavy sarcasm), I decided to try the child size and go down a hook size as well. And I ended up with a perfectly sized hat for a toddler. Not exactly what I was going for, but it will still work for the donation. However, when I use the pattern again, I will use the correct hook size.

Then I decided to start the scarf, despite the fact that is was now late afternoon. I was going along great guns, but at the end of row 5 I finally realized that I was adding a stitch on each row because I was putting my first dc in the same stitch as the turning chain, and then crocheting my last stitch into the turning chain on the next row. I honestly know better than to do that, but there you are. I'm chalking it up to fatigue, but I'm not thrilled at the prospect of frogging the scarf down to the first row. Probably why I found something else to work on yesterday, but that's a topic for tomorrow's post.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

I like the colors you chose!