Saturday, March 31, 2007

Third Time's a Charm!

I finally managed to finish the 3rd capelet I started. I wove the ends in yesteday and then had to decide about blocking. I spread it out, fully ready to pin it into place if need be, but it just smoothed right into shape. So I sprayed it with distilled water and left it to dry, and here it is:

I am so glad this finally came together. It will be gifted to my MIL this evening. I have started the edging on my own capelet, and now I can't wait to get it finished!

As it turned out, my gauge was off a bit on both capelets. That's fine for these two projects, but it is something I will need to keep in mind if/when I make a vest or sweater designed by Doris Chan. And as soon as I lose some more weight, I fully intend to make myself some vests and sweaters!

Speaking of weight, I weighed in yesterday morning, and I had lost another 3 lbs. That makes 14.4 lbs in about 2 1/2 months. I am very pleased at how the diet is going, and I'm glad I had a good loss this week because the next 2 weeks are going to be challenging. Between the family birthday dinner tonight, a guest for dinner Tuesday night, and 2 family dinners next weekend, there are going to be ample opportunities for overeating. Even if I don't lose much weight, I have already vowed not to gain during this time.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: