Saturday, March 17, 2007

Some Days are Diamonds

Yesterday, I decided to get up early and go to Weight Watchers because I didn't think I could make my normal Saturday morning meeting, what with the snow storm and all. The meeting was cancelled, but someone was there to weigh us in. I'm glad I went, because I lost 2.6 lbs last week! That brings my total up to 12.4 lbs in 8 weeks. However, there I was at 7:30 in the morning with nothing to do. How often can you say that?! I went over to McDonalds and had breakfast (which my dh thinks is terrible - McDonalds after Weight Watchers), but that only took 10 minutes and I still didn't need to be at work until 9:00. So I had a bright idea - I decided to see if Walmart was open. Lo and behold, Walmart opens at 7 A.M. and people were already leaving the store with bags and bags of stuff. So by 8:10 I had acquired another 10 skeins of yarn. (The grannies and ripples have just shredded my yarn diet all to pieces - good thing the other diet is going well!) I have to say that buying yarn first thing in the morning really sets you up for a good day.

I was still at work early, so I used the time to catch up on some shelving. After much backing and forthing, we finally decided to close the library at 11:00 A.M. My dh had most of yesterday off, too, so we got to be snowed in together. As we sat there yesterday afternoon, with basketball on the TV, the cat snoozing by the radiator, snow falling outside and my fingers busy working on some preemie blankets, I thought to myself "could it get any better than this?" And I'm not really sure it could.

Before I close, let me share some pictures of the 2 preemie blankets I'm working on. One is a granny:

And one is a ripple:
My goal for today is to go upstairs and clean up my yarn room. Happily, there is a TV up there so I can monitor today's games, althought the only one we really want to see, Georgetown/BC, is on at dinner time. Have a great weekend and a great St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: