Monday, March 05, 2007

Celebrating National Crochet Month

Dee reminded me this morning with her blog post that March is National Crochet Month. March kind of snuck up on me, but I would say that I am certainly celebrating already. I'm still so focused on my ripple afghan that I haven't even thought about knitting for days! I've only added one or two rows, though, so no new picture today. You can see the most recent picture here on the Ripple Along blog, as well as all kinds of other ripple pictures.

Then there was the crochet demonstration at the library yesterday. I was a tad nervous about the demonstration, to be frank. I didn't know who was coming from the guild, or how many people we would get who wanted to learn crochet. I was afraid we would get too many people or not enough, wasting everyone's time. To top it all off, we were having a big fundraiser for the library at the same time, selling art prints, so parking, which is never good, was just about nonexistent yesterday. As it turned out, 5 guild members came, along with 10 ladies who wanted to learn, and everything turned out just fine. I think everyone had a great time, and it sounds like the guild might just get a few new members from the day.

Unfortunately, not only is my sore throat still winning the fight, it has just about stolen my voice this morning. So I am still up in the air about going to work. It is hard to service the public when you can't communicate with them. If I do stay home, I intend to rest lots, and do some reading and some rippling along the way. And just so my friends from Whoduknit don't think I have forgotten them with all this talk of rippling, I will also get started on my blanket squares. Have a great, and hopefully healthy, day!

No comments: