Saturday, March 03, 2007

Of RIpples and Rest

As it turned out, I had plenty of time to ripple yesterday. I spent the day fighting a sore throat/cold (and as of this morning, the sore throat is unfortunately winning), so I put some of the housework on hold in order to rest. While I rested, I rippled!

It is just fascinating to watch how each added color changes the whole. When I pulled out some of the colors, I almost lost my resolve to add colors randomly, but I steeled myself and kept going. I think it helps that I am using the same yarn in different colors. It seems to give a consistency to the palette. At first, I took pictures with every color change, although I won't inflict all of them on you. But I'm glad I have a record for future reference.

In other news, I am starting to hate digital scales. For the past 2 weeks, I have lost .8 lbs each week, and my total weight loss to date is 9.8 lbs. Don't get me wrong, I am very proud of myself, but I am frustrated because in the old days, with a regular scale, I would have lost 10 lbs by now. But I suppose if that is all I have to complain about, I am a very lucky person!

Sore throat or no, I have to go to work today. Tomorrow my crochet guild is going to be at my library, teaching people how to crochet, so I can't miss that either. It is going to be a busy weekend. I promise I will find some time to continue rippling, though! Have a great weekend!

No comments: