Thursday, March 01, 2007

All Ripples All the Time!

Yes, yesterday turned into quite the ripply day! For all my equivocating, I couldn't think about anything besides ripples all day. After I got off the computer, I went upstairs to my yarn room and pulled out one skein of each color I had in Simply Soft. Just in case you thought I didn't have enough stash to make a ripple afghan, here it is, 27 skeins worth, with the exceptions of black, most of the variegated colors, and some mill ends that I'm not 100% sure are Simply Soft (and there's more skeins of each color in the stash):


I culled the herd and whittled it down to 18 colors:


And that is as much thinking about color as I am going to do for this afghan. From here on out, I intend to pick the colors randomly.

Then I broke down and ordered the 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns book from Amazon. When I got to work, I noticed that we had gotten a box of new books from UPS. This is not really remarkable - we get these boxes on a daily basis - but sure enough, the first book out of the box was 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns! So by noon today, I will have 2 copies of the book in my hot little hands. I glanced at the book yesterday, and I'm not sorry I bought it. It's a keeper. The stitch patterns are all beautiful.

I have emailed Dawn to sign up for the ripple along, and I have done some thinking about the size of my afghan. I am leaning toward 42" X 60", big enough so that I can cuddle under it while watching TV. So I think all I need now is time to get it started, which I should get tomorrow. I honestly can't remember when I have been this excited about starting a project.

So, to stress Jane's wave metaphor a little further, by tomorrow I should be "hangin' ten". Surf's up and the water's fine - come on in! (And yes, I did live in Southern California for 16 years - I think we should queue the Beach Boys right about now!)

No comments: