Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Because Nobody Can Ripple Just One!

Who knew that ripple afghans are like the Lay's potato chip of the crochet world? Apparently I can't stop with just one! Actually, I ended up with time on my hands yesterday because I did call in sick. I just couldn't inflict my lack of a voice on the public. As I was looking again at all the pictures over at the ripple along, I started to notice how many afghans had grey in them. Then I started to think about Project Spectrum 2.0 and how I hadn't managed to use any of the colors we are supposed to be exploring yet. I also didn't have to look too hard in my stash for the colors. So it all came together, and I give you my second ripple - the Blue and the Grey (with some white mixed in):

I'm still using Simply Soft, but this time I am using "Gary's Ripple" from 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns. I used the random stripe generator for the strip pattern. I have plenty of the dark blue, but I am going to have to buy some more grey and white to finish. The white is actually "Fisherman" and it looks really nice next to the blue (although I haven't gotten far enough with my stripes to have the white and blue next to each other). I will probably donate this one when it is done.

I also had time to get started on my first afghan square for Whoduknit:

I chose a simple moss stitch pattern to start, and I'm glad I did because my first attempt was too big, and I had to reduce the pattern by 12 stitches to get it 12" across. (We are making 12" X 12" squares.) I'm still working out how I am going to shrink the patterns that have cables in them.

Ah well, play time is over. Back to work today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your afghan looks great. I will be sending you a picture of the one my Nanny made me soon. Have fun with all those ripples!