Thursday, March 15, 2007

March Madness

Today is the official start of March Madness, but I have to say that I'm not feeling it this year. This is the first year since the 1980s that the UConn men won't have a post season. I have only been a fan since 1989, so I have never experienced this up to now. I keep reminding myself that the UConn women are a #1 seed, which I didn't expect this year, but they don't play until Sunday. So I'm having trouble getting in the mood.

Since basketball isn't doing it this year, it's a good thing I have March Madness of another kind going on! I can't believe how completely I have embraced both the ripple along and the granny along. These are definitely going to be my most successful "alongs" to date. And I am completely neglecting my knitting for them, which means I really am obsessed! It is time to get back to some charity work, however, so yesterday morning I pulled out yet more yarn. (Why do I bother storing it - it just ends up in bags and boxes all around the house!) My guild is going to be collecting preemie blankets before too long, so I began a preemie sized ripple and I picked out yarn for a granny square type blanket as well. It's rainy this morning, so I will take some pictures when both are further along and the light is better.

And, yes, I am resigned to having hundreds of ends to weave in on every project I make from now on! It's worth it to see the color combinations come together.

No comments: