Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Doris Chan Mood

I'm going to have some time on my hands tomorrow. My mom is scheduled to have a biopsy of her nose tomorrow morning because of all the nosebleeds, and they want to do it under general anaesthesia in case she starts to bleed again. So we have to be at the surgi-center at an ungodly hour tomorrow morning. We will be there several hours, and then I will need to stay with her for a while after I get her home, just in case. So of course the question is what should I bring to work on during this time?

Well, between my cleaning frenzy on Saturday, and a well-timed email from Deneen, I have decided that I am getting back into a Doris Chan mood. I noticed on Saturday that I have a lot of yarn set aside for Doris Chan projects, and it's time to get to work on some of them. So I am going to attempt to make the Shoop Shoop capelet tomorrow. It's 9 rows and an edging, which means this should be doable. I am also bringing the moebius shawl that I started and then haven't worked on since January. These patterns strike me as easy enough to do, even if I'm tired (which I will be), but challenging enough to keep my interest. I will let you know Thursday how successful I am with this plan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well tomorrow and I wish your mom a speedy recovery.

Deneen said...

I hope all goes well with your mother.

I am anticipating seeing you WIP on the Doris Chan and will start the capelet once I finish the LCT for my dd.