Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Still Alive, Barely

So this week isn't going as expected, but at least I finally feel able to sit up and type for a bit. I hate to tell the members of my guild who read this, but after the meeting on Sunday (at which I felt pretty good and healthy) I came home and took a real turn for the worse. I have had a full blown stomach virus since Sunday night. Boy, did I feel lousy. Usually, no matter how sick I am, even when I had mono a couple of years ago (which is probably the sickest I have ever been), I always take a shower. This comes from my mother, the nurse, who drilled into me as a child that when I am sick, "if I get up and get washed and dressed, I will feel better". Well, Monday is the first time ever that I didn't have the energy to get into the shower. I saw the PA yesterday, and despite drawing some blood to rule out anything else, she is pretty sure that this is a viral infection which should run its course in 48-72 hours.

And I have to say that by last night, I did start to feel better. I am still home today on the PA's advice (and in case I am still contagious). I haven't finished any projects for a while now, but last night I was able to do a little work on several WIPs. I just couldn't seem to truly settle to anything.

I started with Liesel. Despite not having worked on her in months, as soon as I picked her up my fingers just seemed to remember and know what to do. I still say that it is the best first lace project I could have found. She is half done, and I am anxious to finish her up so I can wear her this winter. Then the UConn game started, and it was very exciting because we were playing Pitt, the #1 team in the Big East. (We lost, but not badly, so I'm not too disappointed.) So I put Liesel down and worked a little bit on my two crocheted red scarves. Then I put those down and made most of a chemo cap.

I chalk this indecisiveness up to the germs that are eating my brains. Maybe I can be a little more focused today. We'll see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, Priscilla! :)
~Dee