Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend News

I'm not sure where the weekend went! I had intended to pop in on Saturday, but that didn't happen, and we spent most of yesterday with the parents up in New Britain. But I do have some news and some progress to show you all from the last 2 days.

First, the news: I decided to go back to Weight Watchers Saturday morning. Right up until Friday night, I wasn't sure that I was really ready to commit to this, but I realize that this is one of those things that I needed to do, ready or not. But on Saturday morning, after I had gotten up and out the door at 7:30 A.M., into the 17 degree tempature, to attend the meeting, I realized that yes, maybe I am feeling motivated to do this! Actually, I decided on the early morning meeting because a friend from crochet guild attends at that time, and I know going with someone I know will be even more motivating for me. So far, the first 2 days have gone well, except for having less control than I might have liked yesterday, due to the family dinner. But I did ok with that, too, so hopefully I will have a good result when I weigh in at the end of the week. I will try not to bore you all with news of my weight loss, but I know that other bloggers I read who are struggling to lose weight are inspiring to me, and maybe I can do the same for someone too.

And now, the progress. I have been knitting away on the Lucy bag, and I am more than half done with the body of the bag. It is fun, mindless knitting, but I still have quite a bit to do, especially since the straps are going to be 200+ rows! The color is washed out in the photo. I am using Galway Highland Heather in a blue/purple heather colorway. Unfortunately, I think it will be impossible to see some of the subtle shadings after this is felted, but hopefully it will still be a pretty color. I am really surprised by how single minded I have been about this project, so I guess that felting really is addictive. I can't wait to felt again!

Have a great Monday!

No comments: