Thursday, January 11, 2007

Alpaca

I did find one new KAL to join this week. It is called Year of the Alpaca. The best thing about this KAL (besides the obvious virtue of encouraging us to work with alpaca) is that it will actually help me use up stash instead of forcing me to buy new yarn. I said last week that I love my alpaca, and it's true. I have alpaca or alpaca blends in every weight from lace to worsted. (I'm just not a bulky yarn kind of girl.) As soon as I finish my current swap and my red scarf (yes, I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the swap at least is almost there), I will be immersing myself in alpaca. I really want to start my second Blue Curacao shawl, but I think I will wait until February and make it my first Project Spectrum project as well. So first up will be a Bejeweled scarf in Nashua Yarns' Ivy.

No comments: