Friday, January 05, 2007

Converting the World to the Fiber Arts, One Patron at a Time

I had such a lovely afternoon yesterday. I decided to throw my shawl on again while I was on desk, despite the mild temperatures, and it led to several great conversations with patrons. I sent one older lady home with both Amazing Crochet Lace and Victorian Lace Today. Then the next patron admitted to me that she had been working hard to finish the Christmas presents she had been crocheting, and the conversation ended with my inviting her to my next crochet guild meeting. Those are the moments when I truly love my job!

Then I went home to this:
Yes, that would be my kitchen faucet. Granted it has been dying by inches for probably years now. I guess we procrastinated just about as long as we possibly could on this one! We went out last night and bought a new faucet. So now I am not only home waiting for the cable technician to come fix my high def cable, so that I can finally install the new DVD player I got for Christmas, I am also waiting for the plumber to call so I can see how long I am going to have struggle to wash dishes (or use paper plates, which seems preferable at the moment). Of course, what I am supposed to be doing today is putting Christmas away, but I find it hard to accomplish anything while I am waiting.
...
Well, the cable guy just called and will be here in 15 minutes, so maybe today won't be as bad as I think! I will be back tomorrow (since I am working again - boy, these Saturdays come up fast!) with the rest of the post I intended to write today. Have a great day!

No comments: