Monday, January 08, 2007

"Scary Good!"

We had a relatively successful, if not exactly relaxing, weekend around here. I still have to get a plumber to come in, but the cable is fixed and the new DVD player is working. Christmas is all put away, both here and at my mother's apartment. There's going to be a lot of "stuff" to do (errands and such) this week, I can just tell, but I think it will all come together just fine.

I haven't been working on any big projects, except for the bag for the Knit Mitt Kit Swap which I can't show you all yet, but I have been making some chemo hats for the guild donation next month. Friday night, I looked through the yarn I had to hand and found a partial skein that I wanted to use. I thought it looked like enough for a hat. When I was done with the hat, here's what I had:

That strand waiting to be tied in is all I had left of the skein! I told my dh that I think I am getting to be "scary good" at this hat making stuff! I used Simply Soft Shadows for the hat. The picture doesn't really show the striping, but it is soft and pretty in real life. I will probably finish it with a white crocheted flower, though, since it is a little dark as is.

Speaking of my current swap, we are down to the last week before the kit gets mailed. I will probably need every minute of that time, but "the good lord willing and the creeks don't rise" (although they may, given the rain we have gotten overnight!) I will have the kit together, the bag felted and everything in the mail next Tuesday morning. Wish me luck!

No comments: