Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Webs Trip

As promised, I want to tell you all about my trip to Webs last week. We got there about 10:15 in the morning, and the shop was already crowded because of the sale. I had about 2 hours to wander and make purchases while my dh went on to a couple of used bookstores up the road. I decided to look at everything first and then decide what I wanted to buy. As I started to wander around, I thought that everyone who works with fiber should visit this store at least once, even if you have to travel to get there. The main floor is beautifully arranged, with lots of wonderful yarns. I have never seen so much Malabrigo in one place before! But the real draw is the warehouse in the back. It is stacked floor to ceiling with both skeins and cones of yarn. The first time my dh saw it, he said "It's like Home Depot for women!" And he is exactly right! It is an overwhelming amount of yarn, and then there was the sale, so it took quite a bit of looking before I settled on what to buy.
I went knowing that I wanted to buy yarn to make more of the projects in Amazing Crochet Lace, but I was still surprised at how much yarn I bought to crochet with. The blue in the front, on the left, is Berroco Ultra Alpaca, a wool/alpaca blend, which will become my second "Blue Curacao Shawl". Next to that are two skeins of a dark rose wool/alpaca blend from Nashua Handknits that I think will become a "Bejeweled" scarf. Next to that are 3 skeins of Ritratto that are already becoming a "Moebius Shawl". Behind that are 3 skeins of a yarn called Gioiello. It looks to be almost identical to Ritratto, and it will also become a moebius shawl. Next to that are 3 skeins of white TLC Cotton Plus for the "Shoop Shoop Capelet". Behind that is a bag of 10 skeins of Rowan Cashsoft Baby DK for the "Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl", and 10 skeins of Classic Elite Wings, an alpaca/silk/wool blend for I'm not sure what. And I couldn't resist the teddy bear book when I found it on sale. Obviously, I do love alpaca!

I also bought a 10-pack of sock yarn from Elann last week that I forgot to add into the photo. So I have had quite a year-end binge of yarn buying! I have to say, though, that I am seriously considering signing on to Knit from your Stash 2007. I could easily keep myself amused until September, and meet my charity goal for the year, with the yarn I own right now!

No comments: