Thursday, January 04, 2007

Coffee, Chat & Crochet

Yesterday morning was my crochet guild's monthly get together at Borders. Three of us made it, and Dee has written a good description of our morning over on her blog. The only thing I can really add is that it was an incredibly relaxing morning, knitting and talking about all sorts of things. And I am very happy to hear that Dee's knitting is finally coming along! Way to go, Dee!

One of the things we talked about was the national guilds' big conference coming up in July. It is going to be held in Manchester, NH this year, and I will be making my hotel reservations tomorrow on my day off. Of course, one big reason to go is the Yarn Market, so I know that if I commit to the stash busting, I won't make it until September. However, hopefully the need to save money for the conference will help slow down my yarn purchases during the first half of the year at least!

Finally, I brought my shawl to show off and wear. I ended up wearing the shawl most of the day at work, and I am happy to report that it is extremely comfortable to wear. Even when I am moving around a lot, returning books, it stays put on my shoulders. Unfortunately, the weather is still so warm here in Connecticut that I hardly need a scarf most of the time, let alone a shawl. The temps might cool down next week, which would help, because I really like wearing my shawl!

No comments: