Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Finally, Red Scarf FOs!

I decided this past weekend that I had to get busy on my red scarves. Yes, I worked on them last week, but I was really starting to feel somewhat bogged down by them. I couldn't even remember when I had started the knitted one. I finally looked it up and it turns out I had started it in November - no wonder it felt like it was taking forever! And time is marching on - they need to be in the mail soon. So last Saturday, I made a determined effort to finish at least one of them. Things went so well that I actually finished two!

The scarf on the left is the knitted one. I used a stitch pattern called "Little Pyramids" that I found on knitting.about.com. It is a 6-row repeat that is easy to memorize but challenging enough to keep me interested. I used the new Simply Soft tweed yarn. The scarf on the right is crocheted using the herringbone hdc stitch and Plymouth Encore yarn. Each scarf used about a skein and a half to complete.

I had started to crochet a 3rd scarf, but I don't have enough yarn to finish it, so I will frog the scarf and make mittens perhaps. So this is it for red scarves this year. I doubled my production from last year, so perhaps if they do this again next year, I will make 3 or 4. For now, I am ready to move on to other projects.

1 comment:

Diane said...

You did a beautiful job on your scarves. Two more warm kiddos.