Monday, January 01, 2007

An FO to Start the Year...

... or what I did on my Christmas vacation! I had some spare time last Tuesday afternoon, and I decided that I just had to start the Blue Curacao Shawl from Doris Chan's Amazing Crochet Lace. I can tell you two things about her patterns - they crochet up very quickly, and they are highly addictive! Once I started the shawl, I had trouble putting it down because it was so much fun watching the pattern emerge with each row. I finished the crocheting on Thursday afternoon, and then I had time yesterday to weave in my ends and block the shawl.


Unfortunately, the yarn was not that great to work with. It is a wool/camel blend, but I have no idea how old it is. There were a lot of knots that I had to cut out and one spot that was frayed down to nothing. I don't know how well it will wear, so I think it is going to be my workhorse shawl. I will definitely make this shawl again, though, with a nicer and softer yarn. Actually, Dee wondered if I ever got to Webs last week. Oh yes! We made it up there on Friday, and I got some wonderful yarn on sale. I will post later this week about all of the yarn I bought, but one of my purchases was some Berroco Ultra Alpaca in a dark blue heather that I intend to use for my second version of this shawl. I want to take my time with the second shawl, because I think it might end up being my Craft Adventure entry this year.

So, not a bad way to end one year and start another! Happy 2007 to everyone!

2 comments:

Procrastiknitter said...

That is so beautiful! You should be very proud of yourself!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous FO - I love it!