Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January Roundup

I can't believe that it is the end of January already! I don't know where the month went, although being sick for 10 days in the middle of it certainly didn't help. Anyway, since it is the end of the month, I thought it would be a good idea to take stock and see what I accomplished and how well I lived within the "Knit from your Stash 2007" guidelines.

Actually, I think I did pretty well this month. Despite several trips to craft stores and my LYS, I only added 2 skeins of yarn to my stash. (I did buy some needles, but those don't count!) In fairness to myself, these skeins will be used in the next month. I intend to knit or crochet some hats for this worthy cause, and I simply didn't have enough wool yarn in primary colors in my stash.

I also committed to finishing one UFO each month. So this month I am counting my knitted Red Scarf. Since I had started it last November, I think it counts. I also worked more this week on a baby blanket that I had started in September/October (I think - again, I don't really remember). I just have the edging to put on it in the next few days, and it will be finished too. And I only started one new project - the Lucy bag.

Other accomplishments for this month include my successful experiment in felting and sending off the "Knit Mitt Kit" swap more or less on time. My list of completed items for charity has grown, as well. I now have 8 items on the list, which keeps me on track for 100 items for the year. I do need to try to get a little ahead, though, because I know that I won't accomplish that much come summer.

So, all in all, I would count this as a very successful month!

No comments: