Thursday, February 01, 2007

Afghan Squares and Project Spectrum

I don't know about you all, but I am finding myself in the mood to make afghan squares this month. I think this has to do with 2 new charity drives that I have run across this week.

The first one you may have already heard about. DIY Network is having a Knitty Gritty marathon on Sunday evening during the Super Bowl, and at the same time they are launching a year long drive to collect 7" x 9" squares for Warm Up America. They are encouraging their viewers to have a "Knit In" during the marathon and get started making squares. I have yet to successful complete a square the size that Warm Up America wants, but I am willing to give it another go! And having no interest in the Super Bowl, I am really looking forward to catching some of the marathon as well.

The other charity drive is actually a contest as well. The Lone Knitter is looking for 8' x 8" squares or full blankets in 3 sizes. Each item will give you so many chances in the drawing for some very nice yarn prizes. (The direct link to the contest isn't working this morning, but if you scroll down, you will find the entry.) I am contemplating sending her the baby blanket that is almost finished, if I ever get back to it!

I also want to point out that today is the start of Project Spectrum 2.0. I can't believe that it is February 1st already, but it's here, ready or not! I have to try and get organized this weekend and pull out some yarn or some UFOs that fit the blue, white and grey colors that we will be playing with until April.

Weather permitting, I am going to Weight Watchers tomorrow morning, at the ungodly hour of 7:45 A.M., because I am working on Saturday. I will try to post Saturday morning, but in case I don't make it, let me wish you all a terrific weekend now!

No comments: