Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wild Weather Yesterday!

We had a wild evening of weather last night here in CT. The official word is that no tornadoes touched down, but what happened was about as close as you can come without actually having tornadoes. A lot of power lines and tree limbs came down, and a lot of people had a hard time getting home because the storm hit at 4:00 P.M. However, we only lost power briefly at home and not at all at work, so I can't complain. For once I was glad to work until 8:00, though. By the time I came home, the traffic had finally dissipated and most of the traffic signals were working again.

I bring this up because I have been thinking about the people in Greensburg, Kansas and about how fortunate we were last night that there wasn't more damage here in CT. There was an interesting article in Sunday's paper about the plans to rebuild Greensburg. I can't imagine how hard it would be to rebuild when almost every building has been at least damaged, if not destroyed. Since reading the article, I have been wondering if there would be any effort to knit or crochet for them. Thanks to a post over at Our Finished Work, I have found that yes, there is an effort to collect afghan squares for the town. They are looking for either knitted or crocheted 8" squares. I am definitely going to add this to my list of afghan square projects.

1 comment:

Criquette said...

I'm so glad that you're safe. Thanks for posting the info about the squares for Greensburg. And by the way, you've been tagged! Come to by blog to find out more...