Tuesday, May 15, 2007

2 Preemie Blankets Finished!

This is turning into a much better week than the last 2 - much less stuff to do. (And no, I am not up for cleaning anyone else's house! lol) The hope of a 4 day weekend in my future has really got me motivated! So I got busy last night, and I have 2 more finished preemies to show you.

I really like the pink one on the right. The stitch pattern is fairly dense, and it should be a warm blanket. I'm less happy with the green ripple. I would like to try another solid color ripple but go down a hook size or two (or three, perhaps). Ripples seem to drape pretty well, regardless, and I think I would be happier with a denser stitch.

At 8:00 last night, my dh put on Antiques Roadshow. For some reason, that show just makes my skin crawl. I can't stand watching it. So I took myself and my crocheting upstairs and turned on AMC. Apparently, this is the 50th anniversary of An Affair to Remember, and AMC was showing it in all its glory. So I spent a very happy 2.5 hours crocheting and watching Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr fall in love. And to think that the first time I saw Sleepless in Seattle I had never seen An Affair to Remember. I have since rectified that situation more times than I can keep track of. Anyway, no doubt another important reason why I was so productive last night!

No comments: