Friday, May 18, 2007

7 Random Things about Me

Well, this is terribly exciting. I've been tagged for the first time! Criquette tagged me with the 7 Random Things about Me meme. This is not going to be easy, because I tend to feel that I put it all out there on the blog anyway, but surely there are some things about me you all don't already know!

Here are the tag rules:
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blog the 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you are tagging a note in their comments so they know they have been tagged and to read your blog.

1. I knew the day I met my husband that I would marry him. We met on Cape Cod on a whale watching trip with the Sierra Club - very romantic! 3 years later, we got engaged on Cape Cod as well. I was up for getting married there, too, but he put his foot down on that one and we ended up getting married in Wethersfield, CT.

2. I will tell you that I hate country music. My ipod will tell you that the only music I listen to that isn't country music is U2! This is due to the fact that I hate commercial country music, but I love all kinds of music "on the edge of country" like folk and bluegrass.

3. I am an only child, and I didn't go to preschool. So my first day at kindergarten, I had such a good time that I came home and asked my mom if I could go back tomorrow. She laughed and said "oh yes". However, I got the last laugh on that one when I ended up being a student for 15 years after I graduated high school!

4. Life stops every Sunday morning from 9-10:30 so that I can watch "CBS News Sunday Morning" - absolutely my favorite TV show of all time.

5. The only time I have been out of North America was when we spent 3 weeks in Scotland in 1970. I really need to travel more!

6. I took Scottish highland dancing lessons for several years growing up, even though I didn't really enjoy it. I still have my first kilt that we mail ordered from Scotland.

7. It's official - as of this morning, I have lost 20 lbs at Weight Watchers. That represents 10% of my total starting weight, so it is the first really big weight loss goal I have met!

I am going to bend the rule about tagging others, however. So many people have been tagged already that I can't keep it straight who has and who hasn't. So if you are reading this and haven't been tagged yet, consider yourself so tagged.

Hopefully this post has distracted you yet again from the appalling lack of FOs around here! I am going to be creative all afternoon, and I promise - FOs tomorrow!

1 comment:

Criquette said...

The premie blankie is beautiful - what a lucky baby. And thanks for being a good sport about the meme. I love Cape Cod -you could always renew your vows there! And I totally agree about the difference in commercial country music (eeewww) and alternatives like folk and bluegrass.