Saturday, May 19, 2007

Finally, An FO Today!

This has got to be my favorite preemie blanket so far - a colorful preemie ripple!

Take a good look, because I don't think we will see its like around here again. Yes, it was kind of insane to do a preemie blanket like this! It actually took me an hour yesterday afternoon to weave in all the ends. However, I am very pleased with how it turned out, especially because the color scheme is not random. I sat down with the yarns and worked the striping pattern out myself. So it was a good learning experience. I have to say that the ripple along and the granny along have really boosted my confidence in my ability to work with color.

So that makes 5 preemies done. I have 2 more almost done, and I started another 3 yesterday that use much easier stitch patterns. Obviously, I won't have 10 done by Sunday, but I am still going to try to have 10 done by the end of the month. By next month, it is going to be getting too hot to make even small blankets, so I really do need to finish these up asap.

Most of tomorrow is going to be taken up with my crochet guild meeting, so I won't be back until Monday. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Deneen said...

I understand why it's a favorite-great colors!

Anonymous said...

Priscilla,

What an absolutely gorgeous blanket! I am in awe :-)

Jen
ndjen04.blogspot.com

Linda said...

All of your blankets are beautiful, but I think this one is my favorite, too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely blankie! I wish I could knit as fast as you crochet. Hope you have a great weekend.