Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Afghans for Afghans

I picked up my new glasses last night, and the world is still a bit fuzzy this morning. I don't think that I will have much trouble getting used to them, though. I really like being able to see clearly close up, without taking my glasses off. I was just surprised at how difficult it is to see distance with them. Even when I look straight ahead, the bottom half of the picture is a little blurry. And I don't dare turn my head too quickly. The world really swims by if I do! But I'm sure that by this time next week, I won't even notice the difference.

Unfortunately, I got home too late last night to get much done on my preemie blankets, so hopefully I will have another FO for you all tomorrow. Someone at work quoted a line from Alice in Wonderland to me once - something like "jam yesterday, jam tomorrow, but never, never jam today". Sometimes, writing this blog, I feel like "FOs yesterday, FOs tomorrow, but never, never FOs today". Ah, well!

I did, however, have an "aha" moment yesterday. Over at Crafting for a Cause's Live Journal site, someone mentioned a really nice article about Afghans for Afghans. It reminded me that I have always wanted to donate something to them. I just can never decide what. I don't have a lot of wool in my stash, since I tend to use acrylic yarn for charity work, so blankets are out of the question. I guess hats and mittens didn't excite me, either. Anyway, it hit me yesterday that I could make some baby socks for them. I have enough yarn for that, and it would be really good practice for me to get more comfortable with knitting socks. So as soon as I finish up the preemie blankets, I am going to cast on for baby socks. I can't wait!

No comments: