Monday, May 07, 2007

May Goals

Last month, at Easter, my husband offered me his definition of eternity - two people and a ham. After this past weekend, I have my own definition to offer - two people and a yard full of weeds. I had thought that weeding the garden and the flower beds was discouraging, but weeding the entire lawn was just about overwhelming. However, we managed to weed, mow, and fertilize the lawn (the lime went down a few days ago), and even I had to admit that it looks better. And while it felt like an eternity, we really only spent about 4 hours, spread out over 2 days, doing yard work this weekend. (Can you tell that yard work is just about my least favorite activity in the world? Truly, I would rather do just about anything than work outside.)

So I did have time for some crafting this weekend. Apparently it was a starting weekend (as opposed to a finishing one). I finally managed to start 3 preemie blankets that I am happy with. I am using Caron Simply Soft and a K hook for all 3. I am using a shell stitch for the pink one. (It's the same pattern that I used for the purple WUA square last week, only wider.) I am using Dee's pattern for the blue one, and the Easy Ripple for the green one.

I now have 2 preemie blankets finished, 6 started, and the yarn pulled out for a 9th one. I decided that I would like to have 10 blankets made by the end of May at the latest (although the May 20th guild meeting would be preferable) and then call it quits on preemie blankets for this year. Realistically, I will probably just finish what I can by the end of May. 10 may not be possible, but goals are good, so we will see what I get done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness looks like you have been busy. I wish I could knit as fast as you crochet. The blankets look very nice. As soon as I get my bridesmaid gifts complete, I will be starting back on my charity crafting too.