Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm Back!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Sadly it wasn't because my weekend got extended. I forgot that I had to go to work early yesterday (for nothing, as it turned out, but at least I get an extra hour at home this morning). I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Ours was very low key, which was exactly what I needed.

I took the time on Sunday and Monday to try to finish up some goals I had set for myself this month, mostly involving afghan squares:

I managed to finish 5 squares for WUA, 2 for VT Tech, and one for Rebuilding Greensburg in May. (You've seen some of these squares before, but I needed a picture of all of them to post over at Crafting for a Cause. I actually only made 2 WUA squares and 1 VT Tech square this past weekend.) I also started a second square for Greensburg, and I am going to try going down a needle size when I start decreasing. Hopefully that will help my gauge.

I'm still pondering my June goals. It occurred to me that Craft Adventure is getting closer and closer, and it would be nice to have something new to submit this year. So I am contemplating trying to finish the peach/green/off white granny square afghan in June. It won't be for charity, but at least it will work with Summer of Squares! Hopefully I can find the time to make some more afghan squares for charity as well, but I'm not ready to say how many yet. June is such a busy month with family events that I'm not sure how much time I will have to work on projects. So we'll have to see what I get accomplished - stay tuned!

No comments: