Monday, May 21, 2007

And Granny Makes 6!

Thank you all so much for your kind comments about my ripple preemie! Now I know how to get you all to comment! lol I also really want you to know how much I appreciate that you all take the time to stop by here and read what I have to say each day. I would love to return the favor, so if you have a blog and it isn't listed on my sidebar, please let me know and I will happily subscribe to you too.

Now, if you liked the ripple preemie, I think you are going to really like the granny preemie. Drum roll please!

However, putting the granny preemie together made the ripple preemie look like the height of sanity! By the time I had woven in all the ends, blocked the squares, sewn them together and edged the thing, I had a lot more than 1 hour invested. I really don't suggest doing charity projects this way! But the granny preemie was also a good learning experience for me, so ultimately I can't complain. I may have said this before, but I used odds and ends of sport weight yarn for the squares and an G hook. The blanket is approximately 20" square.

I don't know for sure yet, but it sounds like the preemie blankets are being donated later this summer (like August), so I may slow down a bit on them for now. By last night, I felt rather burned out on preemies, so I added 8 rows to my big ripple blanket instead. It is getting close to being done, so I might try to finish it up before summer really hits. I also have all sorts of ideas floating through my head for granny squares, and I am itching to start a granny afghan for myself, too. As usual, so many projects, so little time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, that's adorable. :-)

Linda said...

Another beautiful blanket! I admire your work, both your crocheting ability and your charity work.