Thursday, August 17, 2006

Things that Make Me Happy

  1. The Mystery Yarn Contest on Whoduknit. I don't have any idea what the yarn is yet, but I love getting the clues in my mailbox every morning!
  2. The fact that Stephanie McPhee, a.k.a. the Yarn Harlot, is going to be attending the Knit Out in New York City on September 17th. Maybe I can get a book signed, or at least tell her how much I enjoy her blog!
  3. That I was able to sit down yesterday morning and finish a baby hat and 2 pairs of booties (all crocheted) and have everything look great and end up the right size! I am getting better at gathering in the tops of hats neatly, and I finally feel like I have a handle on what sizes will fit what age group. Now I should be able to use either worsted weight or sport weight yarn and have all my items turn out well.
  4. Finally, a website called Woolly Thoughts that I discovered thanks to reading Mason-Dixon Knitting. All of their designs are based on mathematical principles, and they work in both knitting and crochet. Their work is beautiful. Apparently afghans aren't very popular in the U.K., though, since the website goes to some lengths to explain what an afghan is used for!

No comments: