Friday, August 11, 2006

Judy Pascale

Yes, ok, I am weak! I stopped in to my LYS again yesterday during lunch. I decided yesterday morning that since everyone online seems to be knitting the Icarus Shawl, I wanted to get my hands on the pattern. The pattern was published in the Summer 2006 issue of Interweave Knits, and since the Fall issue just hit the newsstands, I knew I had move fast. I wasn't really sure I would make the shawl, but I thought I would regret not having the pattern. Now I am contemplating starting it. I actually think I have enough yarn in my stash. The Icarus Knitalong site has great pictures of some finished shawls, if you are interested.

So last night I sat down and looked through the rest of the magazine. By the time I had finished, I had any number of things I could blog about. But the one thing that stood out most in the entire magazine was a small ad for a "knitting cruise". Now there's something I could get into, if only the budget permitted! Even better, this cruise features classes with Judy Pascale. I had the opportunity to take a class with Judy about a year and a half ago through my knitting guild. She is a very energetic, enthusiastic, funny person, and I can just imagine what going on a cruise with her would be like. It would be a blast!

Actually, the project I started during that class, a beaded scarf, has been on my mind lately. As you can see, I haven't gotten very far with it. Judy suggests using Koigu, but at the time I didn't want to spend that much money. So I purchased some Dalegarn Baby ULL, which is ok but not Koigu. Then someone suggested that my scarf was too wide! So I think I have started it several times and finally put it down because I just wasn't sure I liked it. I found the project again not long ago, though, and I think it is fine the way it is. So I intend to keep going with it.

The forecast for the next couple of days here in Connecticut is for highs in the 70s with low humidity, which is just my kind of weather. DH is working on Saturday, so I have a day to myself, and Sunday is my crochet guild meeting. So I am looking at one terrific weekend. May yours be equally terrific!

No comments: