Monday, August 21, 2006

Crocheting State of Mind

I must say that I am in a much better frame of mind this morning than I was on Friday. We had an almost normal day at the library on Saturday, which was a pleasant change. My DH brought his new car home Saturday afternoon, and I got to drive it yesterday. It is a lot of fun to drive, and I don't usually say things like that! It is also a pretty color, blue and green at the same time (although the DMV calls it grey for some reason).

Despite chores and errands, I did find quite a bit of time to crochet on Friday and yesterday. When I started on Friday, I had one hat and 2 pairs of booties made. I now have 3 hats and 6 pairs of booties, although I have not sewn seams and tied in ends on everything yet. Obviously the hats take longer, so I will try to concentrate on them this week. (If you are reading the blog for the first time, I am making all these things for my guild to sell at Craft Adventure this Saturday.)

I am limiting myself to 2 hat patterns and one bootie pattern, and I thought I would give you the links to the patterns I am using. I will try to post a picture on Friday with everything I get done. I am using the hat pattern I linked to a few weeks ago when posting about the Save the Children hat drive. I am also using this baby beret pattern, and I have to say that it is an adorable pattern. Finally, I am using a bootie pattern I found at Bev's Country Cottage. I have altered the pattern slightly to include an eyelet row, so I can thread some ribbon through, and a ruffle on the top. I may try to post my alterations next week, after I get everything done this week.

Looking ahead, I have a feeling posting is going to be light this week. I feel like my mind is so full of crocheting that I don't have any space there to come up with posts! I also want to use as much time as I can to get more items made. I will try to check in occasionally with an update, and I will definitely let you know on Friday how much I was able to get done. Have a great week!

No comments: