Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Night and Day

Yes, the difference between Monday and Tuesday this week at work was night and day. As expected, everything settled right down to normal yesterday, and I got caught up on a number of chores that had just languished all summer. And last night was probably the first night all summer that I didn't fall asleep in my chair in front of the TV!

So the return to normalcy at work has me thinking about my fall knitting and crocheting projects, since I think I will finally be able to tackle more complicated projects. Over the weekend, I had completely finished 6 hats for Save the Children, and I thought that was a good round number. It was time to move on to other projects. But then along comes an email from Dee, and I am still working on baby hats! Apparently the New York City Crochet Guild has promised to bring a certain number of these hats to the Knit Out and have asked for the help of my guild to meet the goal. Well, I can tell you that a half dozen hats aren't going to cut it, so I have already this week finished one more hat and started another. I actually have a couple of get togethers coming up this weekend where I can bring my crocheting, and the hats will make a good traveling project. So I will see how many I can get done.

As far as fall crocheting projects go, I would like to get started on some hat/mitten/scarf sets, since those take a while to complete and November will be here before we know it. So of course last night I was possessed to start a baby blanket. Go figure, except we will need a few of those for our next hospital sale, also coming up in September. I would also like to finish the lacy scarf I have been working on for I don't know how long now.

I would also like to get back to my knitting. I would like to finish my tank top, although given the cool summer we're having here in New England, I'm not sure I will be able to wear it up north later in September! I would also like to get a pair of socks started before vacation. And I am really itching to start a lace project with my Russian yarn.

Wow! I have a lot on my plate for this fall. Hopefully I will be able to continue to stay awake in th evenings and get lots done!

No comments: