Monday, August 28, 2006

New Yarn!

I have so much I would like to say about Craft Adventure last Saturday, but I am running out of time to do a long post (connectivity problems again this morning). So, since this blog is all about me ::lol::, I'm just going to post about the new yarn I acquired this weekend! The rest of the story will have to wait til tomorrow.

Creative Fibers in Windsor, CT had a booth set up at Craft Adventure, and it didn't take me long to notice that they were selling yarn! They had brought some lovely yarns with them, and four skeins ending up coming home with me. The skein of green Cherry Tree Hill Supersock is definitely going to become a pair of socks (possibly my vacation project). The two skeins of pink Koigu will become either a pair of socks or possibly a scarf. The third skein of yarn in the picture, however, has a longer story to go with it.

I have mentioned Whoduknit and their mystery yarn contest before on this blog. Well, I worked through the clues last week, and the best I could come up with was Manos del Uruguay, colorway English. Unfortunately, I knew that my guess was wrong because the yardage didn't match up to the clues, but I sent my guess in anyway just to participate. Well, as soon as I walked into the booth on Saturday and noticed the skein on the right of the picture, I knew what the correct answer to the contest was! It is Malabrigo from Uruguay. I'm still not sure what the colorway was in the contest. The skein I bought is Hollyhock. Once I picked up a skein, I had to own it. It is just about the softest yarn I have ever owned, and I can't stop petting it! I'm still not sure what it is going to become, but I am leaning toward another scarf. Then the question becomes knit or crochet? It will be a lot of fun discovering which works best with the yarn.

No comments: