Monday, August 14, 2006

Finally, Some Crochet Content!

I know that I have been knitting a lot this summer, which means I have been putting up a lot of posts about knitting as well. For some reason, when the weather got hot I put aside my crocheting projects (probably because they were larger and so they were uncomfortable to work on in the heat) and concentrated on my knitting. Well, let me tell you, I got back to crocheting big time this weekend!

I spent Saturday digging around in my stash trying to put some colors together for hat/mitten/scarf sets. I made a couple of swatches, one using the cross hatch stitch and another using the Tunisian double crochet. I had some trouble with the Tunisian stitch, which got straightened out at the guild meeting yesterday. I also rediscovered a scarf I had been crocheting for myself out of Cascade alpaca/silk, which I intend to keep working on.

Then yesterday I attended my guild meeting. Boy, do we have a lot of things going on in the next couple of months! August 26th we are attending Craft Adventure up at the Big E fairgrounds. We can sell items to make money for the guild up there, so I am going to try to make some baby hats & booties and possibly another baby afghan for the group. September 17th is the Knit Out & Crochet in New York City, and then September 20th we will be at the Big E. We will be teaching people to crochet at all three events. We also need to have our hat/mitten/scarf sets done by Nov. 12th, and we will be selling items at our local hospital in November as well. So as far as I can see, there is going to be a whole lot of crocheting going on at my house in the next four months. I'm not sure when I'm going to fit in any knitting!

Finally, we had our "outrageous flip flops" contest yesterday. 5 of us entered and we all won something! I won "best use of texture". I got 3 skeins of purple yarn and a booklet with 5 purse patterns from Lion Brand. My flip flops are the ones in the exact middle of the table. Next up, we are having an outrageous scarf contest in October. I am already working on ideas!

No comments: