Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Of Koigu and Socks and Cooler Weather

The heat wave has broken here in Connecticut, and Canada has begun sending lucious cool air our way! I can't tell you how good the cooler air makes me feel. While it is hot, I am just existing through each day. As soon as it gets cooler, I feel like I can do anything. I can take on the world, or a knitting challenge, and win!

The other benefit to cooler weather is that I sleep so much better. Last night was one of the few nights this summer when we could turn off the air conditioner and sleep peacefully with just a quiet ceiling fan above us. I slept soundly, but interestingly I spent almost the entire night dreaming about Koigu yarn and knitting a pair of socks with it!

I think there are a couple of reasons for this. First, although vacation is still 5 weeks away, I have been thinking a lot about it lately. I intend to knit socks on vacation. As a matter of fact, that might be the only project I take with me. Second, Wendy over at WendyKnits had an interesting post up last weekend about why she likes to knit socks so much. It seemed to come down to the fact that hand painted yarn just works wonderfully with a simple stockinette sock pattern. And finally, I realized when I got my latest credit card bill that I have been visiting my LYS entirely too much lately! They have got such a great selection of Koigu right now, and I visit it every time I go in. I really would love to try knitting a pair of socks with it. So I think my subconscious was trying to tell me something last night! Now the question is will I listen and when. The answer - yes and probably just in time for vacation!

No comments: