Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rocky Road Shrug Pattern Corrections

Between my mom being in the hospital and my having no internet connection at home last week, I forgot all about posting the corrections to Doris Chan's Rocky Road Shrug pattern. So let me do that this morning. (My corrections are in bold.)

Row 2 (WS)(INC): Ch 5 (counts as dc, ch2), *sc in first ch-sp of shell, ch 3, sk next ch-sp of shell, sc in next ch-sp of shell, ch 3, V-st in next sc, ch 3, sk first dc of next shell*, sc in first ch-sp of shell, ch 3, sk next ch-sp of shell, sc in next ch-sp of shell, ch 3, sk first dc of next shell; rep from * to * once, sc in first ch-sp of shell, ch 3, sk next ch-sp of shell, sc in next ch-sp of shell, ch 2, dc in 3rd ch of tch, turn.

Row 8: Ch 4 (counts as hdc, ch 2) [omit "sk next ch-sp of shell"] *sc in next ch-sp of shell, ch 3, sk first dc of next shell, sc in first ch-sp of shell, ch 3; rep from * 9 times, except omit last ch 3, instead work ch 2, hdc in top of tch, turn.

The more I thought about it, I realized that there isn't a mistake in row 10. You just have to read it very carefully, because there should only be 2 increases or V-stitches, which set up each sleeve. It can just be confusing if you read the row too quickly.

You may be wondering why I haven't posted another picture of the shrug. Well, it's like this - I started the second sleeve and promptly ran out of yarn. I was really surprised, because I have had yarn left over with every other Doris Chan pattern I have made. I have no hope of getting more yarn at this point, so I am going to try making both sleeves 3/4 length. I'm not sure when I will get to that, though. I'll have to see how my time goes. Luckily I have other Doris Chan patterns to work on in the meantime!

2 comments:

Deneen said...

I haven't made this, don't know if I will, but bookmarked the errata, thanks for sharing.

Funny, last night I was going through her latest and saw a pattern I wanted to make-have 5 skeins of the yarn needed (it said 6 needed) and wondered "Hmmm, I generally have yarn leftover from her projects, almost a full skein and now you have me wondering. I'm also wondering how much ease the pattern will have-bust wise. Maybe I can pick your brain about it, when you have a chance-it's the sweater made from Simply Shadows-striped. I plan not to do the cowl neckline or the ribbing on the sleeves-bust measurements are 37 and then 41-I need a 38-39-I hate when I go up a size and the rest is way too big (armholes especially)-sigh

Karen said...

Thanks Priscilla for alerting me to your pattern corrections. I think I did insert the ch3 at that point, but I was still having trouble with it. I will do it again and see.