Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Mitten Saga Continues!

While not quite as busy as last week, this week has its own share of things to do. I got my box for Warm Up Winchester in the mail yesterday, I am ready for Halloween tonight, and I have been working on the crochet guild's newsletter in an effort to get it in the mail on Friday. So I am slowly getting caught up, after my weekend away.

I thought today I would update my ongoing mitten saga. Last week, I worked diligently away on a pair of wool mittens. When I was finished, this is what I had:
2 identical mittens (ok, except for the thumbs). So identical, in fact, that they are both right hand mittens! I forgot that when you make mittens on 2 needles, which is how I usually make them, there is no right hand or left hand. However, when you make mittens in the round, you do need to pay attention and make the right and left hands slightly different. (I don't know why that is, but there you are.) So I started a third mitten last night. By the time I am done, I will have 2 pairs to donate to charity, so that's a good thing.

I also want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe and sane Halloween, and even though it is only Wednesday, a great weekend as well. I'll try to pop in over the weekend with an update. If I don't get a chance, though, I'll be back next week, hopefully on a more regular blogging schedule.

No comments: