Monday, October 15, 2007

Middle of October Already!

How did this happen? How did it get to be October 15th already? I realize that the last few weeks have been a bit of a blur for me, between my mom's illness and then my own cold the last few days. But usually October drags a bit. It's a long month, and my birthday is the last day of the month, so usually October seems to take a long time to get through. But not this year.

It has also finally hit me that Rhinebeck is this coming weekend! I am definitely going on Sunday with some of my fellow guild members. However, I have had to admit that I am not going to finish anything new to wear while I am there. Maybe next year I can be more prepared.

And if I don't get busy here, I won't have much to show for the month, either! I worked on some mittens yesterday. I want to try to finish one tonight, and then I will post pictures tomorrow. But I also need to get back to making some scarves, since Dee's challenge only runs until the end of the month. Although, with Rhinebeck this coming weekend and a birthday trip to Deerfield and Northampton, Mass, planned for the following weekend, I'm not really sure how much I ultimately will accomplish this month.

Finally, I want to let everyone know that Rachel has posted final details for this year's Soaring Eagles project. It looks like we are making mittens for the younger children and socks or slippers for the older kids. Maybe I can start a pair of socks this month and celebrate Socktoberfest while I do some charity knitting!

No comments: